Thursday, November 6, 2008

Reread Twilight

Good Morning,
Sunday I went to my parents house to pick up my niece's Twilight book because I have borrowed mine out to my sister in law. I got my niece's Twilight book to give to my boyfriend's sister for her to read because she has seen the previews for Twilight and wants to go with us to see the movie. I wasn't seeing her until Wednesday so Sunday night I decided I would try to reread Twilight in two days.
The reason I am writing this short post today is because I highly recommend rereading Twilight. I got the book finished in time to give it to Megan and I also found that I enjoyed it so much more the second time around. I had forgot from reading the other three books and also "Midnight Sun," how good Twilight is. It is probably my favorite of the series. There are things I picked up on the second time around that I missed the first time. I found Bella adorable, which by the end of Eclipse I was pretty annoyed with her. I fell in love again with Edward which I actually never fell out of love with him. :) And this is going to be shocking to all that know how much I am Team Edward, but I actually remembered that I did like Jacob in the first book. He was the cute little boy that Bella seduced by the beach again and not the cocky best friend.
It was refreshing to read the book again and have Twilight fresh in my mind before I see the movie.
I guess in this post, let's just talk about if you reread any of the books not just Twilight and let me know if you found it better the second time around as I did?

5 comments:

Cheri Lynn said...

When I reread book 2 and 3 is when I started to like Jacob more... so that is what rereading did for me. I think I am going to follow your lead and re-read Twilight in time for the movie, you have me excited!

Jody said...

I ended up rereading Twilight shortly after finishing the series and loved it more the second time. I tried to pace myself the second time so I could enjoy the book longer but ended up reading it in less then 2 days. After reading Midnight Sun I picked up a few things in Twilight that I hadn't noticed the first time. And the characters ment more the second time. When I read the book the first time I liked Bella, Loved Edward and enjoyed the other characters...towards the end deciding Alice was one of favorites. But the second time I read the book, it gave me a chance to enjoy the other characters a little more...and decided Mike was really annoying, Jacob was a cute little boy, and Alice was hands down the type of vampire I would want to have as a friend. I started rereading Breaking Dawn but ended up giving the book to a friend to borrow. One thing I noticed when I was rereading it, was that these were the type of books I could pick up at any time and enjoy them as much the second time as I did the first...and not feel tempts to skip a page or two.

Unknown said...

I also reread the books and I felt the same way about Bella. She's always like "It's my fault... I should die.... bla bla bla..." I got really annoyed with her but by the 4th book she gets better and isn't so whiny. I also was very much team Edward the first time through the books because I thought Jacob was an annoying little boy, but the second time I got a little annoyed with Edward in the 2nd and 3rd books because he was soooo protective and I liked Jacob even more. I think I'll reread Twilight again before the movie too!

Anonymous said...

Ill have to reread twilight again...but shanhoe has my book ha! I prob wont get to read it before the movie because of homework and stuff but def after the new year I will enjoy again!

Carrie said...

I haven't re-read Twilight yet. I'm currently in the middle of the Harry Potter series and will once I finish them. I'm really excited to go back and revisit it, especially after reading everyone's thoughts!