Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twilight the Movie

Sorry Fanpires, its been a long time but I have been crazy busy with my classes and also seeing the new Twilight Movie.
I actually really liked the film. Last Saturday I went to the 4 p.m. show at the Livonia AMC with my friends. We got our tickets during the week and made sure we were at the theater an hour and half early. As the light went down in the theater the excitement in the audience grew. And then when Edward (Rob Pattinson) came on the screen the tweenies screamed. LOL Ok, I did a little too.
Anyway the first time I saw the movie I really liked it. I could have went without the cheesy guitar riffs throughout the whole movie and I did think that the beginning was a little choppy. But I loved the baseball scene and I thought the ending flowed very well.
I think you had to go into this movie and not expect it to be exactly like the book. If it was exactly like the book it would have been a 4 hour movie. People who went into this movie expecting it to be an Epic I think were disappointed. I went in there thinking some things would be different. The movie is never the same as the book. I would have changed or focused on some things that I don't think the movie did. Example, in the book I really liked the bloodtyping part which was not in the movie at all. I think they should have gone more in depth with the dinner scene as well. Also when Bella outsmarts Alice and Jasper at the airport I think should have been in the movie. But if you added all those parts it might have been too much.
I did like the characters. I thought the actors they picked were perfect once watching the film. And although I have knocked him in past posts I did like Taylor as Jacob.
Above is my take about my first experience with Twilight. Last night I saw it again.......and I loved it so much more. It was ten times better the second time around. There were things that I noticed that I didn't the first time. The first time I thought there was something off about Rob Pattinson as Edward but last night I thought he did a perfect job. The chemistry between Kristen Stewart and him I felt so much more. It by far is my favorite movie of the year. I look forward to New Moon...

Please post your thoughts about what you thought of the movie.

6 comments:

shelbymk93 said...

hey becky,
this is shelby,
well i read the book and thought it was awsome!! me and my mom went and saw the movie on friday at 940 anad i loved it. The only part i didnt really like was when he followed her in to the forest and then they talked for a minute and all of a sudden hes like i need to show you how i look like in the sun.....i thought that part was a bit cheesy, but i went last night to see it again and oh my goodness i recomend to every one to see it twice, its alot better the second time! and of course robert pattinson is the most beautiful thing alive!!! haha i have a majior crush! but i agree about the whole bloodtyping thing and the airport, but also i think they could have shown her gettign ready for prom? but like you said if they added everthing it would a 4 hour movie!! but by all means my favorite movie!

-Shelby Kessler

Becky said...

Hi Shelby!! I totally have a crush on Rob Pattinson too!! I agree with you about the part in the forest when he shows her him in the Sun.
I loved it the second time around too!! I can't wait to see more Rob Pattinson in New Moon. Too bad he'll only be in the beginning and the end. UGH!
I really liked the part of her getting ready for the prom too. I didn't think they really emphasized the other Cullens too much in the movie. Like Alice and Bella really getting close. But anyway seriously cannot wait for it to come on DVD so I can watch it everyday. :)

Carrie said...

I liked the movie a lot. I've heard some people say they didn't like it, but I think they expected it to be exactly like the book like you said. Some of my fav parts:
When The Cullens first walk in the lunch room.
When Edward and Bella are walking through the parking lot and he has those sunglasses on.
When Charlie is cleaning his gun and tells Bella to let Edward in. ha!
Jessica - she was perfect!
When The Cullen's are cooking Italian food because "Her name is Bella."
When Alice breaks James neck!
There are certain parts I wish they included, which you've already mentioned.
I heard someone say they thought Bella and Edward seemed to fall in love too quickly, but I think having read Midnight Sun and knowing what Edward was thinking helped me see the connection quicker.
I'm excited to see it again!

Unknown said...

I really liked the movie and I can't wait to see it again! I read reviews on it where people said they hated it, did the producer even read the book, it was too cheesy... but like Becky said you cant go into seeing the movie thinking it is going to be exactly like the book or it would be like 4 hours long! (not that I would mind...) Anyway, there were a lot of parts I liked, which Carrie mentioned most of them. I didn't like when he said "you better hold on spider monkey" (where did that come from?!)and when she was in the hospital and started getting upset when he talked about leaving. She kind of over did that part. Some of the stuff in the movie is cheesy but that goes along with the book! I really liked it and can't wait for New Moon. I heard they are going to be using a new actor for Jacob though in the next movies?????

Becky said...

LOL, Sarah! I hate that part when he says hold on spider monkey too!! LOL I also think she overacted in the last part too. It annoyed me a little.

Well Jacob grows up a lot in those books so i guess it makes sense.
Carrie: I liked all those parts as well especially the parking lot when he has his sunglasses on.

Cheri Lynn said...

The baseball scene was one of my favorites too! I loved the movie and went in not expecting much, that way I could only be surprised. It had its funny parts too that I laughed out loud at and I was really surprised. I loved Emmet in the movie, they had his character right - but I was bothered by Jasper. All the girls screamed when Edward was first shown at our theater too, I loved that and laughed at their reaction. It was the perfect reveal to him though! Just thinking about it makes me want to go see it again!